Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2013 9:38 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Programming question

How do I put the K3 in AI2 or AI3 mode?
I only see NORM and 1 as choices in the config menu for AUTOINF.  I am
running the latest firmware (MCU 4.67), if that matters.

Barry W2UP
================end quote==============

fyi the K3 Programers Reference Manual says:

<quote>
AI (Auto-info mode): The AI meta-command can be used to enable automatic responses from the K3 to a computer in response to K3 front panel control changes by the operator. Application software may use AI1 or AI2 mode as an alternative to continuous polling. (Not appropriate for switch macros.)

AI0, No Auto-info: This is the default. The PC must poll for all radio information using GET commands; the
K3 will not send any information automatically.

AI1, Auto-Info Mode 1: The K3 sends an IF (info) response within 1 second when any frequency or moderelated event occurs, either manually (at the radio itself) or when the PC sends commands. These events include: band change, mode change, VFO movement, RIT/XIT offset change or clear, and several additional switches (e.g., A/B, REV, A=B, SPLIT, CW REV, RIT, XIT). IF responses are suppressed during VFO movement. Notes: (1) putting the K3 into auto-info mode 1 (by sending AI1;) causes an initial IF response. (2) The K3 can be placed into AI1 mode without a PC by setting CONFIG:AUTOINF to AUTO 1. The user may do this to support non-PC devices that make use of auto-info, such as a SteppIR antenna controller. Application software can check for unexpected IF responses and turn AI off if required.

AI2, Auto-Info Mode 2: The K3 sends an appropriate response (FA, FB, IF, GT, MD, RA, PC, etc.) whenever any front-panel event occurs. This applies to all of the events mentioned for mode AI1, and ultimately to all rotary control changes and switch presses. At present only a subset of controls generate responses.

AI3, Combination: This is similar to mode AI2 and is provided only for compatibility with existing programs.

</quote>

TIA
--

GB & 73