From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jim Bennett
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 12:56 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3 / K3 Antenna Sharing

Thanks for the info all -

I looked at that Bird 6 position switch - about 1/2 the cost of my KX3 -
yikes! Think I'll pass on that one. I do have a Daiwa 2 position switch that
I've hooked up to share my antenna - one side to the K3, the other to the
KX3. Seems to work OK, although when a strong signal (S9+) on the K3, I can
still hear it when the switch is set to the KX3. I wonder if the Alpha/Delta
switches have any better isolation that thiat

Jim / W6JHB

On   Tuesday, Dec 31, 2013, at  Tuesday, 12:38 PM, Edward R Cole wrote:

> I am using a couple DAIWA manual coax switches.  2-pos selects either
K3/10 or KX3 (at 12w) and 4-pos is for antenna selection at 300w from the
amplifier.  I do not use coax switches at QRO levels but I only run that on
6m and 2m with dedicated antenna so no switching is needed (I do use coax
relays).

> I am getting a used B&W 5-pos switch which will be used at HF/6m under
300w.  I have to check it out first.