Although I don't have a KPA500 (still dreaming as I have to buy diapers), I
feel for those experiencing the problem.

With that said, it just goes to show Elecraft's dedication to it's
customers to try and solve whatever might be causing the issue. I don't
know of any other product line, regardless of the market, ham, computer,
guns, cars, mountain bikes, etc, where the company not only listens to and
interacts with the customer, but takes the issues seriously and tries to
solve them. It's good to know that Elecraft doesn't just see us as serial
numbers and profit. Well done Wayne, Eric, and the Elecraft staff. It's for
this reason alone, regardless of performance, that as the financial picture
dictates, I will switch all my HF gear out to Elecraft. For now, I'll enjoy
my KX3 as much as I can in and out of the shack.

For those of you who look at my QRZ.com page, you'll notice I'm a huge
baseball fan. My goal this year, is to operate portable from my seat at the
ballpark with the KX3.

I wouldn't be able to combine my two favorite hobbies if wasn't for
Elecraft.

73,

Steve KS6PD