On 1/14/2014 11:21, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:

> The KAT500 does not present any options for those.

> What happens when you select the correct COM port and click on [Test
> Communications] on the [Port] tab of the KAT500 Utility?

constant searching ... however:

> Also check that the 1/8" plug at the KAT500 end is securely connected.
> It's (too) easy to pull it out slightly and loose (sic) connection.

Well suggested!
Earlier this morning I saw a "possible" need to re-seat it. 'Didn't
really look like it was out. But due to the stacking of, bottom to top,
KAT500-K3-XV50-XV144-XV432, and notwithstanding Rene's excellent
T-Connector cabling, I still am forced to use an auto-peeky-mirror, to
actually see behind the stacked equipment.

And having read this response, I peered around and could see just enough
of the silver-tipped plug to give it a push back in.

thanks ..All connected now.

--
Bob KD7YZ
http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ