Hi Ron,

no, if you just cut off mains and bring it back the KPA500 will not turn on again by itself. You have to turn it on by either pressing the front panel on switch, by using the KPA Utility (this is how I do it in my remote station) or by a small macro script assigned to one of the K3 macro buttons if (and it works only if) you have a K3 connected to the KPA500 using the 15pin HD connector cable. Scroll down half way on http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/KPA500-amp-RemoteRig-td7372486.html to read about the details concerning the latter.

Best bet is to use the KPA Utility as it will give you even more details about the KPA's operational status, i.e. voltage, current draw, SWR, power out, a.s.o., certainly something you want to know about and have control of being a few (hundred) miles away. ;-)

73, Olli - DH8BQA