 From: Bob KD7YZ <kd...@denstarfarm.us>
To: K3 List <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] How do I generate a "Key Down" to tune an external 6m
amp?

Willis 'Cookie' said:

> The easy way is to hold the dash on the bug.

unless I am missing something in Setup, I do not see how to tell the K3
that I want manual dashes and string-dots. There is no setup for the
keyer. So obviously if I short out the dash side, of the Vibroplex
paddle, I get dashes. Many of them.

And that is my question. How do I get a solid key-down, where the PTT IS
activated, and RF flows?

Seems right simple ,but my two choices here do not work.
Use the keyer, push the PTT foot-switch, and I get a nice string of dots
or dashes, as all of us expect.

Push/HOLD the XMIT button and the PTT output of the K3 "seems" to not
engage.

Where, on the K3, would one pug in a regular old straight-key, and
expect it to work as a regular old straight-key?

The answer to that would solve my Sequencer problem for tuning w/o
frying anything in the LNA chain.