Yes Randy is correct. The Tube dealers LOVE people who tune up with a
Brick on the Key. Kills your Tubes much faster. Plus you get a much more
accurate tuneup by sending dots than you do with a solid tone. It duplicates
your actual transmissions using dots rather than solid tone.
Its really easy to do guys. Just set your coffee cup against the paddles
making dots and turn the knobs on your amp.

John k9uwa

> If I am not mistaken I think the "proper" way of tuning the amp is with a
> pulser or sending a string of dits at say 60wpm not a solid tone.
> Randy

John Goller, K9UWA & Jean Goller, N9PXF
Antique Radio Restorations
k9...@arrl.net