Tom,

KAT500 has built-in internal frequency counter for auto band switching.  The
supplied cable with KAT500 will be good enough.  The aux cable will be more
useful if you eventually have the KPA500.

I suggest you download the operation manual of KAT500.  There are connection
diagram inside the manual which will give you very good ideas.

73

Johnny Vr2XMC

________________________________
 寄件人︰ tom armour <wa...@hotmail.com>
收件人︰ "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
傳送日期︰ 2014年01月25日 (週六) 10:27 AM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] K3 to KAT500

ThanksGreat input so far!It is really helping me finalize my decision.

A few more notes/questions:I have an old tube amp (fl-2100) that does about
600w max I intend to use until I get the money together for a KPA500.
I currently use a manual tuner that I could potentially put in line if I want
to run QRP.I do not intend to move the K3 a lot.  I have another radio I can
use portable.

With the old amp should I have an AUX cable?  or is the RCA cables
Rig->KAT500->Amp enough?
73 - Tom - wa4ta