Hi Don,

All I want is to have the AF REC come on when I turn the rig on, rather
than having to remember to push the appropriate button.  I'm not worried
about the fact that it only records for a relatively short period before it
overwrites what it has already recorded.  I just want to be able to check
back a few seconds - did the DX station really get my call right etc...  If
I haven't remembered to turn AF REC on, I can't do that.

73 Stephen G4SJP