You're right of course. It takes some time to get comfortable with QRP and its
limitations, and you're right, that it can be a source of frustration for many
new hams.  Your are also absolutely right that when you ad a crappy antenna to
the mix, it can be very frustrating indeed. But that's the fun of learning and
discovering all that is ham radio.

I started with an OHR 100a 40m rig and a homebrew magloop antenna set up on a
tripod in my kitchen. I was happy as a clam and simply didn't know what I was
missing and found plenty of QSO's to keep me occupied while I figured out what
it was all about. I had other ham friends telling me that I was setting myself
up for disappointment if I didn't get at least a 100W radio, but I stuck it out
and never felt that I was missing much. I still feel that way, and I'm still
having fun.

72/73
Steve

Steve Roberts-W1SFR
Sudbury, VT
http://www.kx3helper.com
Fists, CW OPS, QRP ARCI, SKCC, NEQRP, NAQCC, FP, ARRL, Green Mountain Wireless
Society
(802)779-7489 (cell)