KAT 01.58 is working nicely. But still, if Your antennas are changing impedance
as the WX changes (which I can confirm is the case when antennas are mounted in
or very close to trees :-) You are going to hear these sometimes lengthy
clickety-clack. Even when making two configurations (one for dry and one for
wet WX) You have all "shades" in between, so once in a while You are going to
have the relays going crazy again. At least it happens to me.
This made me think if it might be avoided keeping in mind that the K3 ATU does
the tuning a lot less noisy.

I think others have suggested a firmware change making autotune of KAT500
initiate from the K3. This may be an interesting way to get rid of the
clickety-clack of the KAT500 if done as follows when selecting TUNE on the K3
(new mode: KAT500):
- KAT500 enter bypass (KPA enters STBY) and K3 performs the autotune
- K3 ATU config transfers to KAT500
- K3 ATU changes to BYPASS
- KAT500 changes to MANUAL
if the cables from K3 to KPA are not so good it may be that the KAT needs to
fine tune. So a fine tune of the KAT might be a good idea.

73/OZ4UN
Poul-Erik

Sendt fra min iPad