I think I found a little thing to improve.
the KAT500 can miss a frequency update from the K3 in a certain situation

To replicate:
- Switch everything on and operate the KAT/KPA/K3 combo as usual with KAT500 in manual mode - Activate the KAT500 utility for monitoring the KAT500 and select the Operate tab, here you can see the last observed frequency. See that KAT500 follows theK3 freq and switches accordingly.

Now....
- set the KAT to BYPass
- Change K3 freq, note that the KAT500 freq info does not follow this.
- Switch KAT to MANual, note that the freq info is still not there
- now transmit with the K3, note that the KAT detects the frequency now and switches to the appropriate setting (the old way).

Improvement = KAT500 follows K3 freq in all KAT modes. so also in BYPass, and switches to the right setting as soon as you switch to MANual or AUTO.

73
Arie PA3A