Well...... Yes and no. I tried Win4K3 and PowerSDR-IF and couldn't get either
to work worth a hoot. I settled on NaP3 and am quite happy with it.

If you want to do nothing more than have the Panadapter view and/or waterfall,
then yes, you can simply download and install NaP3, hook a cable from your KX3
to your sound card, run the Elecraft Serial-->USB cable from the KX3 to the
computer, and you will have it. However, I also wanted a logging program
running on my Win/XP system (running on a Mac with VMware Fusion) that knows
what frequency & band the KX3 is on. Both require a Com port. My Mac has ZERO
com ports. I'm using the Elecraft Serial-->USB cable between the KX3 and the
Mac's USB port. In order for me to have an additional Com port I also installed
the free program LPB2 (LP Bridge 2). It connects to the KX3 using the original
Com port that the Elecraft cable produces and then allows you to have up to
five more "virtual" com ports.

It's pretty easy to get going and if you have questions I might be able to
help. There is also a Yahoo LP-PAN group you can join. The owner/moderator has
been quite helpful - Larry/N8LP.

The quality / speed of the display depends on the quality of your sound card.
Apple did not go to a lot of expense with the built-in sound card and I'm thus
limited to seeing a maximum of 48 kHz of the band at one time. But the more I
use the software, the better I feel about having this size slice to view. The
RX I/Q cable from Elecraft for the KX3 is 2.5 mm stereo on one end and 3.5 mm
stereo on the other end. That is what my system needs, as my iMac has a 3.5 mm
stereo jack on the back for the Line In connection.

Drop me a note if you have questions.

73, Jim / W6JHB