The WinKey is in standalone mode?  How is it powered?  If it's self-powered,
have you checked the battery?  Does it do this on BOTH keying outputs?

73, Ted W4NZ

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jed Petrovich
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:09 PM
To: Elecraft Email List
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 - WinkeyUSB Keying Issue

Hello all:

For the past several months, there are times when my Winkey won't key my K3.
At first, it was after I'd change from SSB to CW. The WK sidetone is still
audible, but the rig won't key. Lately, I've had it quit in the middle of a
QSO as I'm sending. This morning, it happened when I tried to reply about
midway through the QSO. It seems to be happening with more frequency.

On Monday night, I did perform a reset/restore of the K3 configuration.

I've been able to get things going again by disconnecting the RCA end (K3 to
WK cable) from the back of the WK and shorting out the tip/ground. I can
then plug it back into the WK and continue. Also, it happens even with only
5 watts output.

I realize this is a odd issue, but hope someone may have had a similar
experience or can offer some tips for diagnosing the problem.

73,

Jed
AD7KG