Iain
It is true that the WK in remote configuration does decode the padle input and
hence cannot send a character before it is finished. But this does NOT lead to
what you mention. There is absolutely no problem in sending N6ML at any speed
on a Server/Client set up. What You may have run into is the situation where
the Client WK has been set to a too low speed - that will introduce some
embarassing space insertion.

When adjusting the speed (on the Client window) you adjust the speed by which
you key the Server WK (and the TX). The Client WK automatically is set to a
slightly higher speed (call it the "default speed"). I have checked this at
various speeds. Sending "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" the
Server WK will just finish the word lazy when you have finished the whole
sentence. It is the case at speed 15 wpm and it is the case at 30 wpm.

You can set the Client WK at any higher speed than the default (using the
Client WK potentiometer) and in this way key more ahead of the Server WK, but
this only advisable if you know you will not be break'ed. Setting the Server WK
at 15 wpm I can finish the sentence when the Server just finished the word Fox.
The Server WK keeps on with "jumped over the lazy dog" while I sit back and
enjoy. However if you force the Client key to a speed below the default speed
you will get exactly what you describe.

You are right that Remoterig does it in a different way and that one can use
any keyer. This may well be a good reason to use that (more expensive)
solution. I have heard many Remoterig signals and many of them produce strange
effects, maybe when there are packet loss on the IP. I dont know if WK server
Client setup would be any better in that situation - but I do think so. The WK
solution will only output valid characters - or nothing.

Just to be clear: I have no interest whatsoever in the Winkeyer product -
despite it may seem so :-)

73 de OZ4UN
Poul-Erik

Sendt fra min iPad