Anybody else having issues with non-linear oscillator changes around 40C?
 I've done the extended temp calibration 3 times (each time takes about 2
hours), and someplace between 38C and 42C the calibration goes crazy.  Up
to that point as the temperature gradually increases the tone shifts lower.
 But around that 38-42C spot it start rapidly shifting up in tone and down
in tone (frankly all over the place).  When you actually use the KX3 it is
obvious that there is something bad happening around there because you can
hear signals start to wildly drift around in the receiver as the rig temp
moves through that range.  That makes me think that the values obtained by
the calibration process are not accurately reflecting true changes in
internal oscillator frequency.

I contacted the factory.  Their best advice was to do the calibration again
but use an electronic heat source (like a 50 ohm dummy load) under the KX3
with a variable power supply running the dummy load to get a more linear
temperature increase.  I haven't done that yet, but my three prior attempts
have had a pretty linear temperature increase (one changing the rig temp
about 1C per minute from 15C up to 60C).

73, Bob, WB4SON