At this point I wouldn't characterize my experience as a concern. So far as I can tell the calibration worked well, though I was surprised to see the tone vs. temp behavior above about 45 deg-C. My impression is that the calibration is done with a table, so such nonlinear behavior should not be an issue, so long as it is repeatable. The post by Bob, WB4SON early today in this thread described some "crazy" behavior which would concern me.

Of more concern in such modes might be the power limitation at higher temps. There is some temperature at which the PA power will be limited. I don't know if that limit is of concern for JT65 operation or not. I know there have been discussions in the Yahoo KX3 group about different ways to add cooling to the KX3 for portable ops -- including fans, larger heat sinks with fins, and in one case leaning a cold cooler against the rig.

73, Phil w7ox