Kevin wrote:
If you get above 1000 feet in elevation you will find snow.  At 2000
feet we have had six inches since breakfast.  It has not stopped yet.
Plays Hobb with my SWR but made my sked this morning.  We got my truck out
to the main road and pointed down hill.  Hopefully Washington County will
show up with a grader some time today so I can go to an embedded systems
seminar tomorrow and Pat can get down to Jones Farm.

Be careful what you ask for ;)

That's the difference between living in town here and living in the
mountains too far to walk for supplies!

We usually get snow at least once each year down here and, except for the
year we got 6" in one day, it doesn't cause trouble for us flatlanders <G>.
That time we just holed up for a few days and I got to exercise my K2 more
than usual. Unlike you, if we need groceries it's only a mile from the house
to the "super". Easy enough of foot even on un-shoveled ground. We seldom
see snow removal gear but we adapt. The last time we had a heavy snow a guy
pulled up to the drive-up teller window at the bank across the street from
our office. He wasn't in a car: he was on cross-country skis.

People who live in other areas often have no idea just how *mild* our
winters really are in the western USA (except for you mountain dwellers)! As
my Dutch wife is fond of observing, "If the canals aren't frozen, it's not
cold yet!"

Whatever pleases the spirit! It's that time of year again when most of us
manage, for a short time at least, to reflect on the goodness in our world,
how much we really have to be thankful for, and how much we really
appreciate friends and family.

For me, one of the most enjoyable groups is the "Elecraft gang" here on the
reflector. I've had the pleasure of meeting face-to-face a few like Kevin a
few miles away to Leo in far-off Holland, but most of you are just names and
calls I've come to consider "friends" over the past five years just as if
I'd worked you dozens of times on the air. And the rest are part of a great
community I'm only just getting acquainted with, like the first QSOs on the
Ham bands.

Good DX, good Rag Chews, good contest scores to each and every one. Thank
you for enriching my world over the years.

(And may all those Elecraft orders from Santa's workshop get into Aptos on
time!)

Ron AC7AC