I solved the problem by removing pin 2 from one side of the null modem between the K3 and SDA100. Now turning the K3 frequency tuning knob results in correct frequency display on both P3 and SteppIR controller. The pin was easily removed with a pair of needle nose pliers. I can now get on to more rewarding activity. Tnx all.

Larry W7IN