-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Earl W Cunningham
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Re: EQP Proposed Rules Revision

Lyle, KK7P wrote:

"Let's face it, if I run 10 mW and you hear me, and come back to me with
a 100W signal, it is *you* that did the hard work digging my signal out
of the noise, not me doing the work of digging you out.  I realize that
there is skill involved in timing and offset of the weak signal being
transmitted, but the receiving station ought to get higher score for
that contact!"
Lyle is absolutely right!  Not only should QRP stations get a power
multiplier, but anyone working them should get bonus points for the QSO.

The result would be that everyone digs deeper into the noise to hear the
QRPer.  To know if any of your QSOs merit bonus points, stations in the
QRP category could identify themselves in their exchange by adding "Q"
to the RST, i.e., "599 Q ......"

73, de Earl, K6SE