As a result of all of you helping me better understand the K3 here is
what I have come up with as a buy list for a K3 purchase.

I wonder if anyone would not mind looking it over, with an eye towards
suggestions to me if you see something I missed.

Also a few questions first:

1.  Do I need something for the KXV3A Upgrade, or is the original item
included with the K3?

2.  Is there really much of a difference between the stock 2.7 filters,
and the 2.8, 8 pole filters for SSB?  I will never be on an island doing
a DXpedition.  Could I save a few bucks and not get the 8 poles for both
RX's?

Buy Info follows:

Basic Rig:
K3/100-F K3     K3 Xcvr
KAT3-F          K3 ATU
KRX3-F          Second RX
KBPF3           Gen Coverage Module
KTCX03-1        K3 TXCO (Is this really needed?)
KDVR3           Digital voice recorder
KUSB            USB Cable for connection to Linux box

Panadaptor:
P3-F
KXV3A (See question above)

Filters:
MAIN RX Only
AM:
KFL3A-6K        AM Filter, only in Main RX

All filters below are in Both Main RX and Sub RX
SSB:
KFL3A-2.8       2.8, 8 Pole Replacement filter, RX, plus Sub RX
KFL3A-2.1       2.1, 8 Pole

CW:
KFL3A-1K        1 K, 8 Pole
KFL3A-400       400 Hz, 8 Pole

I may replace the 1K filters with 700 Hz filters, I am still mulling
this over, any thoughts would be appreciated.

--
Support better RFI practices, please sign this petition:
at Whitehouse.gov

http://wh.gov/lpz5Y