Not a direct hit via the antenna, but the random wire was unplugged, lying on
the bench close the the Morse key, through which it discharged!! It took a
while for me to identify the 'Tick, tick, tick' which were sparks from the
antenna plug jhumping to the Morse key, and not necessarily the grounded bit.

My S/N 6905 K2 has 60m, noise blanker and 160m accessories.

>From switch on, receiver seems to be functioning normally, all receiver
>function buttons and controls K2 receiver appear to operate.

There is no response at all from the MENU button.

Symptoms in CW mode:

Plug key in and K2 goes immediately into CW tx mode as key jack contacts are
made, and stays in tx mode. Power is variable by power control. All controls
inoperable until switch off-on, and K2 back in rx mode until key is inserted
again.

Off-on then pressing TUNE button puts out RF momentarily then drops to nothing.
Display stuck showing P 0.1 or some random power level. All controls inoperable
until off-on.

Presumably when the static got in through the key it did something nasty to
some solid-state devices and/or capacitors.

I have a no-accessory K2 to use as comparison, but don't know where to start or
what to measure. I can swap bits around, but I'm reluctant to do that in case
some faulty board or IC  does damage on the working K2.

This could be a challenge...

Thanks.

Ian, G4JQT