To: <k...@yahoogroups.com>; "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 10:37 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] KX3-2M module will work well for CW and SSB,even as an I.F. for higher-band XVTRs

There seems to be some confusion on this point. Once a KX3 has had the extended temperature compensation procedure applied, it will have drift of only about +/- 10 Hz in CW and SSB modes on 2 meters. This is not as good as an oven-controlled oscillator (which there isn't room for, of course), but it should be quite satisfactory for SSB and CW use.

If you use higher-band transverters after the KX3, using 2 meters as an I.F., any drift in external units will add/subtract to the total, not multiply the 2-m drift upwards. (Unless you're using a frequency multiplier -- that's a different story.)