On 4/8/2014 4:23 PM, Dave wrote:
The multiplication occurs as the chain of frequencies up to where you want to get to multiplies and I really do not expect to have to argue this with RF engineers

Dave,

Are you using (or expect to use) a TRANSVERTER for the UHF bands? That is, indeed, pretty much the standard way nowadays. In a transverter, the transceiver input and output are MIXED, not multiplied. So the total frequency drift is the SUM of the drift of the transceiver (in this case, the KX3 with 2M transverter) and the drift of the UHF transverter.

Drift of the KX3 with 2M transverter would be multiplied ONLY if you were to use a system that multiplied the TX output to feed the 1.2 GHz transmitter. That's feasible, I guess -- 1296 is the 9th harmonic of 144 MHz -- but the 2M rig would need to TX below 144 MHz to cover all of the band, and the RX would still be MIXED.

73, Jim K9YC