 From: Phil Wheeler <w...@socal.rr.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2014 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Fake FTDI chips

Likely the point is:

  * Many of us did not order the cable from
    Elecraft. I had three already and they all
    work fine with any of my computers (OS X 10.9,
    Win 7, Win 8.1) and all work well with the K3
    and it's line -- excepting the KX3 and KAT500
    which have a non-DB9 connector.
  * Several here have already said they are using
    Win XP, best I recall -- so assuming an
    up-to-date computer just because someone has a
    K3 is "optimistic".

73, Phil w7ox

Message delivered to wrco...@yahoo.com