Preparing for a performance in a large out-door stadium, my voice coach at the time echoed me with a slight delay so I wouldn't freak out when it happened on stage! For hearing what I really sound like in real-time, I get a good approximation by putting my palms near my mouth and pulling the tops of my ears down with my fingers :). Best, of course, is singing into a mike and playing myself back until I get the sound I want.