 From: Edward R Cole <kl...@acsalaska.net>
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft UPS deliveries

Probably already moderated - but I read the digest version...delivery
twice a day! :-)

You guys ought to try living in Alaska and trying to get good
delivery.  UPS only delivers on weekdays.  Their 2-day always takes
3-days; USPS Priority Mail delivery is typically 3 days but can take
5-days.  Parcel Post is 20-day (min).

UPS Ground to Alaska was not always available but now it is.  I don't
use it much but would say 7-days is good.  UPS ground from my
Anchorage electronic supply house is overnight if I get the order in
by 3pm.  Of course that is not on weekends.

Cost of UPS/Fedex - Ha!  If the vendor only ships 2-day that can be a
minimum of $50, no matter that the part cost $2.30.  Therefore, I do
not chose UPS or Fedex and often chose my vendor based on whether
they will send USPS Priority Mail.  Note Parcel Post rates to AK just
jumped so it costs about 90% of choosing Priority Mail.  PP is history for AK.

I like free shipping!  Yeah, you are paying for that in the price of
the goods ordered.  But isn't "everyone" offering this!

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: