I have no direct experience with the K1, but the first think I would look for
is the diodes installed backward.  The band will be on the output (negative)
end of the diode.  The next thing to look for is that all the diodes are open.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke, TDXS DX Chairman
K5EWJ & Trustee N5BPS, USS Cavalla, USS Stewart