I am a radio broadcast engineer (for, um, some 3 decades now), and one of the people on one of the broadcast engineering forums has secured permission to post a copy of a study on ground systems done in 1957. This is good reading, and will help fuel the fire of antenna debating in ham radio!

   The direct link is :

http://rfry.org/Software%20Download/Ground%20Systems%20-%20Brown,%20Lewis%20and%20Epstein%201937.pdf

   (watch the wrap)
And the mans web site with the link is:

   http://rfry.org/Software%20&%20Misc%20Papers.htm

         73, de tom K8TB  K2 3206 es K2 5050

p.s., this is a copy of RF's email (Thats Richard Fry!)

After some "back and forth," IEEE just gave me permission to post the benchmark 1937 paper by Brown, Lewis and Epstein about MW ground systems.

Quite a few on RT and BC asked me earlier for this, but I had to hold off until it was possible. Now I hope all those who asked will see this posting eventually, and view/download it from the link below. There are some restrictions on its use, as shown in the file.

The file is about 3.3 megs, so a fast connection will help.

 http://rfry.org/Software%20&%20Misc%20Papers.htm

RF