National RF makes a great portable unit that will work down to 1.8mhz

I have one of their units with the AA A B and C loops that cover 3.8-5mhz I see they now have a BB loop listed for 1.8-3.5mhz

Glad you brought this up I didn't know they had that new loop for 1.8-3.5mhz I'm will give them a call Monday morning.

HFDF active directional antenna system
http://www.nationalrf.com/type_hfdf_vector.htm

they also have a unit for the shack called HFDX Vector-Beam
http://www.nationalrf.com/type_hfdx_vector-beam.htm

usual disclaimer, just a satisfied customer.
--
GB & 73
K5OAI