In High School, 1953 to 1958, I was introduced to the Metric System in
Chemistry and Physics.  I thought "WOW, what a system, I can soon forget the
obsolete feet, inches, Fahrenheit stuff and use a system that makes sense."  In
college in Engineering School I used mostly the Metric system which confirmed
that we could soon forget the "English System of Measurements".  In 1978 when I
worked in Scotland, I found that even the English did not use the "English"
system and were converting to Metric.  I checked and only the United States,
Burma and Liberia still used the "English" system.  I worked nearly 50 years
using the "English System" that even the English found too difficult.  Now, I
am retired and we are still trying to hold on to the obsolete system of
measurements.  Even QST gave up on it 40 years ago!  Enough!  It is time for
the USA to quit fighting the rest of the world and switch to Metric

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke, TDXS DX Chairman
K5EWJ & Trustee N5BPS, USS Cavalla, USS Stewart