My remarks, while true were mostly tongue in cheek because someone wanted
Elecraft to use measurements in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.  Electronics is
the one area in the US where metric is usually used.  Hams of all people need
to have their "knower" bilingual since we converse with the world and most of
the world uses metric.  In 1978 I lived in Scotland for a while on a job and
they were reluctantly for some converting to 100 pence to the pound sterling,
litres for liquid sales such as gasoline and milk and weights were in grams or
kilos.  People would tell you their weight in stones, but I expect their
doctors kept their weight in kilos.  A big problem with conversion,
particularly in my industry which was oil and gas is engineers who do not want
to change.  The thing that amuses me is that I have been wanting to "go metric"
since I was 15 or 16 and I am now 73 and we have not made it yet.  I think it
is about time to give up.  But I still
 need two sets of tools to work on my car.  At least screwdrivers, pliers and
Cresent wrenches are not metric and "English".  At least Whitworth is out
except for British antiques.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke, TDXS DX Chairman
K5EWJ & Trustee N5BPS, USS Cavalla, USS Stewart