For logging, I have been running Logic 9 on an HP Windows 7 laptop.  A few days
ago the four year old laptop died (hard disk failure).  I was using an Elecraft
RS232 to USB adapter cable for the computer to K3 link.

So, I am looking for a new setup for the K3 (and maybe KX3 too).  I have run
out of interest in Windows PCs and have been converting to Apple devices over
the last year and a half.  I’d like to use an iPAD for the logging and perhaps
rig control computer.  I have downloaded both RumLog and HamLog to play with.
I used HamLog’s Field Day log this past weekend and liked it.

My questions are around the computer/rig interface.  Is there any reasonable
way to use the RS232/USB cable with the iPad?  It looks like both RumLog and
HamLog work with the Pignology Piglet to network between the computer and rig.
Reading the Piglet manual shows a way to use a Piglet generated network to talk
to the rig.  Can this setup also connect simultaneously to my home WiFi for
other internet based functions?  Is there any other issue that I should be
concerned about with this setup?

Thanks in advance,

73,
Phil, NS7P