Here's a couple of recordings of W0BMU and the Lake Erie swing that Buzz mentions. Listen online or d/l them. The bands used to be full of interesting and quirky fists and styles like this. Not unlike speech patterns some were quite beautiful, some were in-your-face obnoxious. That was before non-meat code readers and (gakk!) keyboards.

I always thought the Lake Erie swing was easy to copy in the speed range of most ham QSOs. It has an informal chatty feel to it.

Anyway, for those who want to remember and for those who never knew:

https://archive.org/details/W0bmuHowardtexHarveyW0bmu

Eric
KE6US