Jim AB3CV wrote
> I've been scanning the P3 Programmers manual looking for a way to combine
> commands to achieve the effect of making the VFO-A frequency set to the
> left edge of the display.

I found a way to trick the P3 into setting the frequency to the left edge
for USB, Data, RTTY and CW or right for lower sideband.  It is a combination
of K3 and P3 commands which are mode dependent.  I wanted to be able to look
at a signal with a narrowed span with the carrier at the edge.  I use DXLabs
Commander to execute the macro commands.   It ends up tickling the P3 to do
what you want.  I included examples for USB and LSB.  I have versions for
CW, Data and RTTY as well. I know it looks silly from a command standpoint
but it works pretty repeatably.  I use a series of ifmode statements in
Commander to pick the correct macro commands based on mode {not shown}.  The
result when the commands execute is the Carrier goes to the edge and then
the span is set 4.5Khz so you can look at the signal your listening to
across the full display.

Try this for USB:  [The wait is a delay that is specific to Commander's
macro language]
'dn4;
'#CTF+00000000000;
'#spn000020;
'#fxt0;
<wait>
<wait>
'up5;
'#fxt1;
<wait>
<wait>
'#spn000045;
'dn5;
'up4;

LSB I use this:

'up4;
'#CTF+00000000000;
'#spn000020;
'#fxt0;
<wait>
<wait>
'dn5;
'#fxt1;
<wait>
<wait>
'#spn000045;
'up5;
'dn4;

Hope this helps.  I use it all the time with commander.
73, Todd K1TM