Kevin,
I took the plunge and bought the Heil Pro-Set Plus headphones / boom mic (HC4 HC5 elements switchable) some time back, and have been very pleased. The headphones are very comfortable indeed, and no bent /sore ears-head after wearing them for hours at a time e.g.dabbling in a CW or SSB contest. Being able to 'reverse headphone phasing' (little switch on right hand earphone) is useful in that it helps reduce fatigue during a long session, and at times helps when digging out a signal surrounded by QRM. Another bonus for me is that I get full SSB output using the boom mic without having to add a mic preamp to the K2, or shout! As yet I have not used the HC4 "DX element" in anger since the HC5 appears to get through pile-ups well enough.

The usual disclaimer, just a very satisfied customer.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Kevin Shaw wrote on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 4:10 PM

I need to order a set of headphones. They'll be used on my K2 for CW
primarily. A set with a boom mic may be more useful long term. I did some
searching and a ran across a review by someone with a K2 and he was negative on using 8 ohm headphones with his K2 (but he wasn't real specific on why).
Specifications say 4 to 32 ohms is OK.

Any recommendations?