Hi Kevin,

I use the "cheapie" portable player type earphones.
These insert in your ear with a cross band over the
top of your head (bud types are similiar, but find
they pull out too easily). These phones are generally
16Ohms and only require about 50mW to drive them. I
definitely suggest you look for low drive power, as it
will give you more control with the volume pot. They
generally run $9.95. The only thing I don't like about
them is the short cords, usually only a meter long.

Why not regular headphones? I find for digging weak
signals out in a contest or on the low bands (on CW)
these do the best job of the half dozen or so types
I've tried.

Now, does anyone know of any wireless headphones of
the same style that are available on the market? ;o)

Happy holidays!
73,
Julius
n2wn