I wish to manually key the transmitter with VOX, and while transmitting have
the VOX activate to LISTEN between words so that I can hear if I double.

I don't want VOX on all the time to key the transmitter when I sneeze,
someone talks to me, I murmur, phone rings, wife pours hot soup in my lap,
etc.

WHY?
1>To avoid accidently transmitting while listening;  I want to control
transmit (VOX) by pushing my foot pedal turn VOX on.

A net control/relay has to do 2+ things already, read the list, flip pages,
mark response, record traffic by destination and call sign, etc.

Or to type on a keyboard (I'm a 2 handed typist).

Pushing the VOX button on/off each time with my little toe is very awkward.

2>While transmitting (as net control) I wish the VOX to be active so that I
can take advantage of VOX {to listen between words}.
VOX when talking switches to listen during the brief pause between words,
and as you breath the amp switches in milliseconds.

You can hear very easily any station that you double with.

I prefer software or K3 Config, but would buy something that would work as
well as the built in VOX in the K3

I do appreciate your ideas, that doesn't require wiring the foot pedal into
the panel switch.