An alternative if one is using an electret microphone is *not* to apply bias from the K3, but to bias the microphone from a 10k resistor fed from mic jack pin 6 (to mic jack pin 1). Put a relay in series with the resistor and operate that relay from the foot switch.
The microphone will not respond until the relay closes.
The footswitch would *not* connect to the K3 PTT IN.

This is not normal operation, and the original poster is asking for a new function from Elecraft. I don't think many hams would take advantage of a function like that (at least I would not), so the most expedient way to implement it is by use of some external device (you can have the function now rather than waiting for Elecraft to develop it).

Some microphones already have a section of the internal PTT switch wired in series with the mic element, and those could be easily modified by disconnecting the PTT function connection to mic plug pin 2 and running the K3 in VOX. In other words, the mic PTT switch closes the AF line between the mic element and the plug, so VOX will only work when the PTT switch is closed.

73,
Don W3FPR