On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com> wrote:

> Is SSTV demodulation/display something we should add to the long term
> wish-list for our panadapters?

hi Wayne - If you were to do decoding/processing like that, I'd much rather
see an extended form of RTTY decode. The decode on the K3 front panel is
cool for computer-less work, but as soon as you have a computer it becomes
less useful.

This is from a serious contesting perspective. When I'm running I'm using
several screens to pull out marginal signals. Those screens buffer the
decoded text long enough for me to look at all of them and make a decision
about what is correct. By this time the small display on the K3 has
scrolled away.

If on the other hand you had an overlay of text** on the P3 display I now
have it buffered long enough to add it to my decision path as another set
of data from a decoder that has different characteristics than my other
decoders (MMTTY, 2Tone, hardware modems, etc.)

A feature like this would seem to have a broader audience than for SSTV,
but perhaps I'm partial...;)

** I would overlay the display with white text over the color waterfall so
that I can still see waterfall history behind the text. I want it all.

thanks and 73 jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.j...@gmail.com