Just sent this to tech support:

——
Just installed the KX3-2M but had a hair-pulling time getting it enabled.
Turns out the Rev A3 (8-15-2014) instructions are out of order.

On page 3, the 5th bullet has the user edit the BND MAP to enable 144.  The
problem is that 144 does not show up until the transverter is enabled on
bullets 8 - 13.  The 5th bullet needs to be moved after transverter settings,
and after a power cycle.  Bullet 6 is a duplicate of bullet 4 and needs
deleting.  Several other users had problems, reporting that it worked after
several attempts, which makes sense since the transverter would have been
enabled on the second attempt to edit the band map.

Thanks,
Lou
KD4HSO