Sverre Holm wrote:
> It occurred to me that the vibrator which is found in most cellular phones
> these days may be just as suitable for feeling the vibrations.

Doubt it. They're basically an electric motor with an offset weight.
I'll admit I've never tried feeding them with AF AC, but I wouldn't
expect them to respond well or give much indication of different pitches.

You might do better with some sort of solenoid?

> Anybody who has any experience with such a device?

Yup, I work for a well known mobile email gadget company, and have taken
quite a few of them apart   :-)

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, G7RZQ, building k2#5209.
#include <stddisclaimer>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]