The reason that the 80/40/15 combo does not work well is that the 40 resonates
pretty well on 15 because it is 3/4 wave.  I have had a lot of difficulty with
80/40/20 and have never had one work well.  My current fan is an Alpha-Delta
80/40 with a 75 meter wire fanned.  It is the magic formula to use the same
antenna for 80 CW and 75 Phone.  It also works well with a tuner on 15 and
nicely on 40.  I have the apex at 44 feet and the fan about 20 degrees.  It
does not work well on 20 and 10 or the WARC bands.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke, TDXS DX Chairman
K5EWJ & Trustee N5BPS, USS Cavalla, USS Stewart

On Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:41 AM, Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com>