From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Lynn
W. Taylor, WB6UUT
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 8:15 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [acom-list] Re: Elecraft K3 and ACOM 2000A

There is the formal standard, and there is the defacto standard.

The formal standard says +3v for 1, -3v for 0, and that less than 3v is
undefined.

The common driver chips (1488 and 1489) worked just fine with TTL levels
-- 5v being above +3, and 0v being close enough to -3v.

I've never seen anything that required -3v for logic zero.

-- Lynn

delivered to d...@elecraft.com