On 2 meters, heating is divided between the HF power amplifier and the 2-meter
power amplifier. I.F. drive for the 2-meter module is generated by the HF PA,
which must still be biased class AB to ensure low distortion. While the HF PA
is not putting out much power, it is reasonably heavily biased and will
eventually heat up. This should take quite awhile, but it is not rated for
key-down "forever," even in this instance.

73,
Wayne
N6KR