Fra: Johnny Siu [mailto:vr2...@yahoo.com.hk]
Sendt: 24. september 2014 16:58
Til: Poul Erik Karlshøj (PKA); Gary McKelvie
Cc: Elecraft Reflector
Emne: Import Costs from America

Most of the elecraft products are modular in design.  In other words, it is
quite easy to identify a problematic PCB / Module.  You can simply send the
problematic module back to Elecraft for repair.  Shipping costs for a module or
PCB are very afffordable

If you buy the kit version, you will be familiar with the way to dismantle the
radio / linear amplifier.  For overseas users like me, it is attractive to buy
elecraft gears from the view point of future maintenance easiness.

There is not any elecraft dealer in Hong Kong.  We all bought direct from USA.
I am very satisfied with elecraft's quality and after sales service support.

Similarly, there is no repairing facilities in Hong Kong for all major ham gear
manufacturers.

73

Johnny VR2XMC
寄件人︰ Poul Erik Karlshøj (PKA) <p...@telepost.gl<mailto:p...@telepost.gl>>
收件人︰ Gary McKelvie
<gary.mckel...@btinternet.com<mailto:gary.mckel...@btinternet.com>>
副本(CC)︰ Elecraft Reflector
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net<mailto:elecraft@mailman.qth.net>>
傳送日期︰ 2014年09月24日 (週三) 10:49 PM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] Import Costs from America

Hi Gary
I have done that with my K2, K3 and KPA/KAT500.

However you should take into account (I did not) that for any repair (including
warranty repair) you will have to pay for the shipping both ways when not being
in the US. Shipping the KPA is not exactly cheap. I happen to know for a fact
:-(
I have suggested that Elecraft provide the same service for all, America's and
others alike. But dont think it is going to happen.
However, I dont know the probability for any of these to need repair for a
given period. Maybe it is not an issue after all. Can someone give a figure?
How many K3s and KPA500 and KAT500 are sent for repair in a year (and how many
units are out there)?

73 de OZ4UN

Message delivered to vr2...@yahoo.com.hk<mailto:vr2...@yahoo.com.hk>