Every time I change modes from CW to RTTY or RTTY to CW I get the Split N/A error message. I do not get this message when changing modes from CW to SSB or SSB to CW. Since I am primarily a DXer who works split having to change from split operation before mode change and then change back to split operation requires a whole lot of button pushing. This is extremely annoying almost to he point of considering selling the K3. Elecraft told me this was for my own protection. I don't need a company to tell me this is for my own protection and not willing to make a product easy to operate. I hope someone out there is radio land has a firmware fix for this annoying issue. Otherwise I have enjoyed operating the K3 for the last year.

Thanks in advance.

Frank
K6FW