workable,
and reliable, and readily available.

3.  The connector assembly must be physically
polarized.

So, I used two-conductor AMP Mate-N-Lok connectors,
available from Mouser.  They met ALL THREE
requirements.

On the radio side, the wires get terminated in Mouser
#571-14803190 free hanging shrouded pin housing.  I
used Mouser #571-606181 male pins for 18 AWG as the
contact.

On the battery side, I used Mouser #517-14803180
in-line socket housing, with Mouser #551-606191 female
pins as the contact.

Mouser has no minimum order and does not mark up their
domestic shipping costs.  Their website is almost as
easy to order from as is the Elecraft website!  ;-)

With a 3 or 4 cm pigtail on the radio side, this
connector assembly fits easily in the cabinet, even
with the KAT1 and 4-band board.

Disclaimer:  no Mouser or AMP relationship, etc.