On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 04:30:17 -0600, Michael Eberle wrote:

> I cannot get my KPA500 to run more than about 200W on 6M without getting
> a PA DISS fault.  Temp is not even up to 60C yet.
> Between that and the KAT500 coming 'untuned' and faulting in the middle
> of a QSO on 10M, I'm about ready to throw them both in the
> trash and go back to my tube amp.

Sounds like you have some problem between the amplifier and the antenna.  Yes,
that's a broad area, but includes it all.  I had similar problem for awhile and
found various small things that lower power didn't show up.  Clean up the
system, get rid of bad jumpers, clean the connections, and try it again.  But
first, shove a dummy load on it and see that it runs full power with no problem.
If it doesn't, make sure the load is plugged directly into the amp with a good
jumper.  Eliminate every connection one by one until you find it...and then keep
looking all the way to the antenna to clean up the whole system.

Gary