specified digital modes are not applicable in this case.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

On 2014-11-11 2:20 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
On Mon,11/10/2014 4:30 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
*DO NOT* try running
PSK, MFSK, etc. modes at 600W average power from a KPA-500 as you
will be generating serious IMD and garbage.

Recent measurements I've done of a K3 driving a KPA500 both with pink
noise on USB and keyed CW show that not to be the case. Yes, bandwidth
increases a few dB from 400W to 600W, but I would NOT call it serious.
This is preliminary work and a preliminary report. At its current stage,
it's a proof of concept.As I have time (and the radios to test), I plan
to look at lot of others. I've just lined up a couple in the FT1000MP
family.

P3SprectrumMeasurementsSlides.pdf

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to li...@subich.com